Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

And We're Having a...

We had an ultrasound on Wednesday.
Everything looks great!  Baby #3 is happy, healthy and wiggly.  
And it doesn't like ultrasound dopplers, either.  It kept kicking it.

Here's the bump!


Going with the trend, we decided to have a "gender reveal" party after church.  (If someone comes up with a better name, it might become more popular - ha!)  Since we already have one of each, this baby didn't have any pressure.  Neither Doug or I could tell from the sonogram but we had the sonogram technician write it down on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.  I stuck it in the car's glove box and tried to forget about it - which turned out to be easier than I thought since I promptly flew to Washington for a dear friend's wedding.

Anyway, I stressed about this cake a tad because I didn't trust a baker (my sister's sister-in-law got a blue cake when the sonogram and note from them clearly said "girl").  So I decided to trust it to a friend!  To make it easy, I purchased an angel food cake along with some blueberry filling and strawberry filling.  I had my friend fill the center with either strawberries for girl or blueberries for boy and then slather the top with whipped cream, blueberries and strawberries.


So after church...


 ...we had BLUEBERRY shortcake!


 Yay!!!
Charissa is smiling down there.  She's a happy little minority.
Brandt is obviously excited although I'm not sure he quite gets it.


 Hello Baby Boy Fourtner!


 We should have known it was a boy with those big guns ;-)


I do love blueberries.


Here's the note!


We're all so excited and can't wait to meet this baby around November 10th!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a great idea to find out you're having a little boy! I never heard of this, but I love it. Congrats! I'll be praying for you.