Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

If You Give a Fox a Sirloin...


If you give a fox a sirloin - well maybe the fatty bits of sirloin...
she will come back and want some bacon scraps.
The bacon scraps will entice her to come back
for some baked chicken skins
which will lead to leftover pork roast
from a picky toddler the next night,
and she will know that you know
she has three little kits just down the road,
and that you're in a weakened state of pregnancy,
and cannot resist her chocolatey eyes
and expectant ears and shabby coat,
so she'll come every night for some little tidbit,
which you may or may not warm in the microwave
much to the mockery of your husband,
but you won't care
because there is a sense of companionship in motherhood
and you are friends in a small sort of way
even if she scares the bejeebers out of you at night
by jumping on the table and staring at you through the window.

5 comments:

The Church Cook said...

What a beautiful visitor you have! :)

Jenna B. said...

Microwaving scraps, ehh? That's too funny. She's such a pretty little thing...I'm afraid I'd be doing the same thing!

Angie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm very proud of you for going with your prego sympathies and sharing dinner with the friendly fox!!! This makes me smile!

Kathy said...

Love this post. Although I don't know if I'd be brave enough to feed a fox, let alone microwave it for him. You make me laugh, Hannah.

Hillary said...

this is too funny...and something I would totally do. She is so cute!