Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Strawberry Avocado Smoothie


If you have never thought of using an avocado in your smoothie for extra creaminess, I am here to enlighten you!  I had my first avocado smoothie in Ethiopia and while I wouldn't exactly recommend it straight up blended with sugar like my first one, the texture is way better than the traditional banana, not to mention that the health benefits are fabulous! 

This is what I whipped up today for lunch.  The measurements are approximate since I tend to just throw things in the blender until they look right.  Tweak it all you like!


1/2 medium avocado

10 hulled strawberries

1/4 cup plain yogurt

4 ice cubes

1 Tbs maple syrup


Blend 'til smooth and enjoy!

1 comment:

Beth Ann Zeller said...

Love your new mugshot on here, and I remember those Ethiopian smoothies... suppose they were why I got mutant ninja giardia that lasted a year?