Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books Anyone?

Charissa loves books.  Even when she was really young, she would sit quietly while I read her books and she learned to "turn the page" at 6 months (with board books, yes I know she's a genius!).  She still sits with books in her lap while quietly whispering stories to herself.  I am bracing myself for when this quiet play isn't Brandt's brand of play...

Today, I was puttering about the house, occasionally prying bits of cookie off a baking sheet with a knife to stuff into my mouth.  I had another epic cookie disaster yesterday and I don't know why.  But they are dandy crumbled and mixed with ice cream...or pried off with a knife and eaten alone.

Now what was I saying?  Oh, this morning...puttering...yes...

And Charissa asked if we could read books together.  I told her we could and to go get some books.  Then I got sidetracked with some chores.  I was vaguely aware of her walking back and forth from her room to the living room.  I finally came and saw this:


Books to the left, right and center all carried by a busy, little book-loving bee.

"So are you going to reeeeaaad to me, Mama?"
How can I resist?  

We didn't get through all of them...but we made a nice dent.

1 comment:

Beth Ann Zeller said...

So you captured her little sideways look! SO cute.