Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Discoveries

Yesterday, Brandt and I were having some bonding time.  This consisted of him standing in my lap while grabbing my hair in his strong fists and laughing hysterically as he yanked with all his might.  It also included me saying things like, "Oh no sir!  Little man-o doesn't graba Mama's hair-no.  It hurts Mama jus a wittle,"  and  "Oh my, dats so funny, huh?  *laughing*"

I try to expand my children's vocabulary and teach proper grammatical structure through example.

Or not.

Then we alternated tickled him and peek-a-boo with his blanket - something he has discovered recently.

During our little giggle session, I realized that Brandt now has a neck.  What had been little fat rolls is now a definable, almost smooth neck with little tanned lines where the creases had been.  He's such a grown-up.  I'm still in denial that he will be turning one next month.

Brandt, however, is enjoying the discoveries that come with maturity.  Toilet paper for instance.



I can't tell you how often this happens.  We had been putting the rolls on the back of the toilet but then it would run out and, without thinking, we'd replace it on the holder.  It is conveniently at the exact eye level of a particular paper muncher residing here.  He even has an older sister that opens bathroom doors for her own use then forgets to shut them.  What an excellent arrangement!


It's just barely surfacing, but he now has a second wee chomper.

"Oh Brandt!  What big teeth you have!"

"The better to chew up toilet paper, my dear!"

No comments: