Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Small Town Mourning


A precious young life was lost in my small hometown.  With a population of 700 and a county of only 3,000, you are either family, a parent's co-worker, or his AWANAs comrade and if not, you know someone that is.  Our tiny village loses a youngster about once a year, and each time it's absolutely devastating to everyone.  He's not just someone's little boy - he's our friend's son.  He's not just a kid we see on the news - he's our child's playmate.


When I heard the news, my stomach heaved.  I couldn't grasp it.  Picturing his mother, my friend, holding her dying son as every beat of her mother's heart cried out, pleading for his life... my own heart screams against how fragile life is and how easily this mother could be me.

As tears fall here on earth, a young soul flies to the arms of Jesus.  And as I hug my children closer, in my heart I lift them up to the only One that can truly protect them from all the world has to offer.  Because while He may not choose to save them from physical harm, He covers them in His blood...

...and that is eternal Life.


"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, 
neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, 
for the former things have passed away."  

Revelation 21:4

No comments: