Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

They Are The Lord's

Opa, my maternal grandfather, has sold stamps ever since I can remember.  Together with my Oma, they have snipped, sorted, priced, packaged and sent thousands of stamps from all over the world.  They work countless hours and every cent helps support International Fellowship of Evangelical Student.  Together, they have raised over $30,000 for IFES by selling stamps which are often thrown into the trash. 

While visiting them this past week, I was again amazed at their efforts for furthering God's Kingdom.  They are truly the Lord's and the joy He has brought them is evident in their work.  My godly heritage is a profound blessing.

The following are the lyrics to my Opa and Oma's favorite Hymn, "I Am the Lord's!  O Joy Beyond Expression".


I am the Lord's! O joy beyond expression,
  O sweet response to voice of love Divine;
Faith's joyous "Yes" to the assuring whisper,
  "Fear not! I have redeemed thee; thou art Mine."


I am the Lord's! It is the glad confession
  Wherewith the Bride recalls the happy day,
When love's "I will" accepted Him forever,
  "The Lord's," to love, to honor and obey.


I am the Lord's! Yet teach me all it meaneth,
  All it involves of love and loyalty,
Of holy service, absolute surrender,
  And unreserved obedience unto Thee.


I am the Lord's! Yes; body, soul, and spirit,
  O seal them irrecoverably Thine;
As Thou, Beloved, in Thy grace and fulness
  Forever and forevermore art mine.


Lyrics by Lucy Ann Bennett 
Music by Joseph Barnby
 
To hear the tune for this hymn go here: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/433#ixzz1IgFCo52V

If you have any stamps you'd like to send, please leave your e-mail address in the comments section.  They accept all canceled stamps with a paper margin surrounding them :-)

No comments: