Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

One

A year ago today, I was trying to swallow 1/3 cup of castor oil delicately floating above a nice glass of orange juice.  I was told to mix them together, but due to the facts of science, castor oil and orange juice do not combine so I ended up chewing it down.

That stuff is thick, folks.

But anyway, it worked and in less than 12 hours and a super easy homebirth, I was holding this little muffin.


I'd swallow a whole gallon of castor oil for my little man-o.  

(But please just believe me when I say I love him?  I don't think there would be much of myself left to continue loving him.  Along with being thick, it's very effective.)


It has been such a joyful year.  I can't believe how quickly it has flown by!  He was just born!  He was just trying to crawl and then actually crawling!  He was just pulling up and letting go to land on his head!  Getting his teeth.


Brandt is such a happy, easy baby and always full of smiles and giggles.  


We can't imagine life without our crowned prince.  He just keeps amazing us.


Thank you, Lord, for this precious gift from You.
He is fearfully and wonderfully made.

(Please excuse the excessive amount of hyperlinks.  I couldn't help myself!)

1 comment:

Jenna B. said...

Augh, this brought tears to my eyes! I remember when you announced his birth...has it already been a year? I'm reminded to savor each day, knowing it is a brief and unique gift from the Lord. Happy birthday, Brandt! And happy birthing day to you, Hannah! :)