Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas-y Things

From "The Night Before Christmas" by Tasha Tudor

- Today Charissa saw Santa Clause.  She was not interested in sitting on his lap but she was very interested in the candy canes.  So Brandt sat on Santa's lap so his big sis could get a candy cane.  He's such a warrior.

- I love driving around town after dark with Charissa.  She absolutely loves the lights! 

- Charissa told me we need lights all over our house.  I muttered something about maybe someday when she is big enough to crawl all over our roof and hang them, we can have lights all over our house.  I hung lights around her room with scotch tape and they need daily maintenance. That's about all I can handle.

- I hope I don't sound like a Scrooge there.  I absolutely love the lights, too!  But hanging the things steals my Christmas joy.  What's more important?  Christmas lights or my Christmas joy?  Yeah, I think so, too.

- I tend to be paralyzed by perfectionism.  Last year, I purchased everything needed to hand stamp over 50 Christmas cards.  Yeah right.  Who am I kidding?  I actually stamped about 25 of them but then it got to the hand addressing (with the silver inked pen) and stamping (with Charissa scribbling on the back of every envelope - aw, so cute) when I threw up my hands and ate about 20 Christmas cookies.  I think I ended up printing off a few pictures of the kids and handed them around to relatives if I thought about it.

- This year, I started to compile an address list (*cough* today *cough*) which I will plug into the card printing database which will then send my drag-and-drop Christmas card for me!  It might end up being a New Years card...or perhaps an Easter card...but I'm not getting ink all over my fingers, folks, and they might even end up getting sent.

- Every time Charissa sees a Nativity she says, "Look Mama!  Mawee an' Joseph and duh wise men and duh angoos!  And Mama, BABY JESUS was bown on Chwismas, Mama!  He was BOWN!"  And that makes my heart sings :-)

Hope you are all having a wonderful Advent season!

No comments: