Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Good Cat

"Ahh, chin rub!"
This is our cat Clyde.  A friend gave him to me for my birthday last year.  They had found him living in a drainpipe.  Upon arrival to our home, he immediately killed and ate a cicada.  I knew we would be friends from then on.  I hate cicadas.

I named him Clyde because I had just finished the story of Bonnie and Clyde.  He looked like a Clyde to me.  Good looking but dangerous.  He can catch a bird on the wing - I've seen it.  He can catch a rat the size of himself.  He likes to tease 6 foot long snakes.  Any snake smaller than that, he will catch and crush their head.  He's a crazy hunter.

Honestly, I'm not that much of a cat person.  I will never, ever, ever have a litter box in my house.  There are many cats that are just to snobby for me.  But Clyde behaves like a dog.  He follows me everywhere, he takes walks, he greets you when you come home, he comes to a whistle, and never disappears for days.  Any hint of being snobby I find somewhat earned.  Because for goodness sake, I can't catch a bird on the wing.

Clyde is a "character" as far as cats go and I never want to lose him.  But the following is the main reason I never want to lose Clyde:

DISCLAIMER: the following toddler began the day wearing a clean, 
coordinated outfit with her hair up in a ponytail.  I try.  I really, really do.


He was purring the whole time.
 And that, ladies and gentlemen is
A GOOD CAT!

2 comments:

Libba said...

catching.my.breath. the tears are streaming!!
this is a RIOT!!!! what a good kitty!

Anonymous said...

He's BIG as well.. cute "article".. I like him..
Libba's Mom