Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pick One


As a mother, I can honestly say that my worst fear is to loose a child.  I absolutely cannot imagine the heartache that would involve.  Thinking of one of my precious little ones dying throws me at God's throne begging that it will never, ever happen.

But what if I had to pick just one to die?

It would not be the one that gave the least trouble. Not the most loving. Not the most beautiful. Not the one that understood me best. 

(Not that this criteria helps with my munchkins.  They are different on different days!)

Thankfully, I didn't have to pick the one to die.

But God did and He picked Jesus.  He knew the only way to rescue ME would be to sacrifice His perfect Son. 

Because His Son was perfect, He was loving, He understood God best (because He is God!).

I absolutely cannot imagine picking my child, my only Son, and giving Him up to go through what Jesus did. 

Having children has given me a taste of the sacrifice God made when He sent His Son to the cross.  I can't understand why He would have His Son die for me. 

But He did die.

In God's perfect wisdom, He picked One.  And it's only through that One, that I can be God's daughter. 

And I am His daughter.

I certainly give God troubles.  I don't love Him as I should.  I am not the most beautiful.  My understanding of Him is so incomplete. 

I'm glad I didn't have to choose who would die.

I am eternally thankful that God didn't loose Jesus forever.  Jesus rose from the dead, conquering it and through that, we can be God's children - and we don't have to die, either.

God is my Father.

Is He yours?

"For one will scarcely die for a righteous person - though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die - but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:7-8



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you